POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ : Re: RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP MJ
From: Warp
Date: 27 Jun 2009 15:21:56
Message: <4a467153@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Anyway, RIP, Michael.  "Billie Jean", "Beat it", "Don't Stop 'til You
> Get Enough" and "Smooth Criminal" will never leave my "stereo"... :)

  He was indeed a really talented singer (and dancer!)

  I find it sad that some people dislike his music primarily because they
dislike him as a person. Or even if they admit that some of his songs were
pretty good, they still more or less avoid his music because of how they
feel about him. I suppose it's some kind of (conscious of subconscious)
fear that if they are seen listening to his music, people will think that
they like the musician as well, so they don't want to give the "wrong
impression".

  MJ was also a sad victim of people's twisted notion of inverted burden
of proof in child molestation charge cases: The accused is assumed to be
guilty until proven innocent. And even after being acquitted of all charges,
still highly suspicious. Most people outright call him "pedophile" and
"child molester" for the sole reason that he was *accused* of being one.

  Now, I'm not saying he wasn't. I have no way of knowing if he was guilty
or not. However, I find it rather outrageous that people just condemn him
without any kind of proof, and even though he was never found guilty. That
should never be done. That kind of thinking is despicable, IMO. That kind
of thinking has ruined innocent people's lives.

  It also goes to show how twisted modern western society is. It seems
that the right to love children (in a completely non-sexual way) is more
or less reserved to women, and men have no right to it, or at the very
least they have *less* right to it and to show it then women have. If a
man truely and passionately loves children (again, in a completely and
absolutely non-sexual way) and acts accordingly, he will usually be
considered creepy and suspicious. The exact same behavior from a woman
will be completely ok, though.

--
                                                          - Warp